Friday 16 October 2020

Sea Dream


This year has been hard for anyone and due to pandemic I haven't took any vacation. Usually, on my vacation, I like to visit the seaside and this work is my way to compensate what I missed this year.
Here the small painting I've done with watercolors, gouache and ink.

In fact I wanted to paint with gouache since it was something I wasn't interested in before.
I am happy with the gouache result, but I learned that it has it's downs. While this medium is quite opaque it won't allow much layering, because the underlayer will wash out when I paint over it; flaws that are better to be avoided will show up.
Of course this can be a good thing too, depending of the result you are looking for.
In the process that I recorded along a few months, you will notice that I wasn't happy with my pink background and I fixed it with ink.


Overall I worked on and off of this Sea Dream and managed to put up together a video with some speed-ups and cuts.
I hope you will enjoy it!

This work is also up as a print
I hope it will brighten your days for the better years that are to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment